Teacher of te reo Māori
Columba College is recognised as a high-performing school of special character, providing an outstanding education for girls in the senior school and for both boys and girls in the junior school. With a vibrant boarding community, the college has a long tradition of supporting students to seek excellence across all dimensions, within a positive community, enhanced by inclusive Presbyterian values.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated teacher for a fixed term, full-time or part time role as a teacher of te reo Māori. The successful applicant will be a fully NZ registered teacher, be qualified to teach te reo from Y0-13 and be prepared to nurture the Māori language and Māori culture across our community. Please state other supporting subjects.
Applicants are asked to complete the Columba College application form and supply a current curriculum vitae with a covering letter.
Please email Liz Gold – firstname.lastname@example.org for a job description.
Columba College is seeking an experienced School Concierge to join our team. This is a permanent full time position, term time only, from 8am – 4pm (37.5 hours).
Columba College is an integrated Presbyterian, inner city area school with a long-established tradition of academic excellence and outstanding all-round achievement. We are a day and boarding school for girls from Years 7 – 13, with a co-educational primary school.
The School Concierge will support the day to day running of the school office as ‘front of house’, in a friendly and efficient manner. The role can be diverse. Dealing with students, teachers, families and external organisations make each day different. Ideally, you will have already worked in a school or academic environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Respond to all enquiries either face-to-face, telephone or online in a professional manner
- Effectively maintain and update student management system (KAMAR)
- Manage the school sick bay
- Oversee the uniform stock
- Liaise with staff and families
- Accurate data entry especially for attendance
- Create a social media post for the school daily
- Assist with organisation of school events
- Provide administration support for the school
- Other duties as required
Required skills and experience:
- Previous secretarial and administrative experience
- A high degree of competence with Microsoft Office 365, particularly Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to prioritise and manage multiple tasks effectively
- Excellent time management and the ability to self-motivate
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels
- Experience in a School or Academic environment would be advantageous
- High standard of dress and presentation
- You must legally be entitled to work in New Zealand to apply
For a copy of the job description and a Columba College employment application form, please email Mrs Liz Gold at email@example.com
To apply in strict confidence, applicants are asked to complete the Columba College employment application form and supply a current curriculum vitae with a covering letter.
Please email your completed Columba College application form, CV, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please phone Mrs Liz Gold on 03 467 5188 ext803.